We welcomed students from the Collision Repair Technology program at Eastern Monroe Career Center in Fairport, NY for a tour of our Premium Auto Parts facility in Ontario as well as our U-Pull It yard in Williamson. These local kids learn to repair and refinish collision-damaged vehicles, including the fundamentals of metal straightening, MIG-welding, detailing, painting, refinishing, customizing, and working with plastic fillers. Students study writing collision estimates, managing customer paperwork, and tracking jobs all through interactive lessons. Safe work habits are a huge focus of the program as well as attention to detail and problem-solving skills. By visiting our facilites, the students are introduced to the automotive recycling process and see the real-life applications their skills could have in the future. At the end of the tour, we donated doors from vehicles in the yard that the class will use to practice repairing damage and painting. We’re excited to see this generation of students developing their knowledge of and working towards a career in the automotive industry. We are humbled to play a part in their education!
- Aaron Wilbert of Wilbert’s Premium Auto Parts Earns Champion for Public Education Recognition
- Wilbert’s Employees Participate in Annual Roadside Cleanup
- Wilbert’s Premium Auto Parts Earns Auto Recycling’s Elite Certifications
- Wilbert’s Purchases Action Auto Parts in Henrietta, NY
- Volunteers from Wilbert’s Cook Meals for Ronald McDonald House Charities